You ever heard things about yourself that literally make you laugh out loud? No matter how bad, disgusting or false they are, it’s just downright hilarious. Let me tell you, I have heard a plethora of stories about me. All of which I never responded to and you shouldn’t either! And let me tell you why.
- I’m not one for drama. I have never been the type to ‘have beef’ with someone. It’s just not my style. Whether we have had our differences or not, I honestly don’t care enough to respond or react. I barely have time to think about myself so the time I do have will not be focused on gossipers or people who don’t like me. If you’re mad, know that you are mad all by yourself and nothing will come of it.
- I was raised different. Yeah, I could’ve responded with things ‘I heard’ or even facts about other people, but why? This only gives the other person power to know that they have upset you. And if it isn’t true, why bother anyway?
- I have better things to do. With everything I have to deal with on the daily; my future, school, work, family issues, my health, my relationship and friends, I literally have no time for things that don’t matter. So leave them where they are and worry about your life.
- What are you trying to prove? Ask yourself that before responding to ANYTHING. Will it effect you? Will it effect your check? Is it paying your rent, car note, cell phone bill, anything? Effecting your grades? If the answer is no, why do you care if you get a side eye from someone who ‘heard’. Screw them! They aren’t your friends OR family. Just random people who need some business. If someone can take the time to bring up your name and spread nonsense, let them be and you keep doing what you’re doing.
- And last but not least. WWBD; What would Beyonce’ Do? Now, y’all know I love my girl for a number of reasons. But one of the main reasons I love her for is how she carries herself. You don’t ever hear about her responding to petty accusations or stories about herself, good or bad. And trust, there has been plenty. She dropped Lemonade and had the whole world thinking her marriage was about to be in shambles, and whether it was true or not, you see she is happy and has two beautiful babies on the way. You never hear about her talking about other people or putting people’s business out there just for relevancy. She never even dedicates a minuscule Instagram post about a rumor or hear say. Why? Because she is confident and knows who she is. She knows what she represents and you can’t hold yourself to that standard if you are constantly seen trying to prove others wrong and defending yourself to people who don’t matter. Prove them wrong by doing you and be damn good at it.
So guys, the next time you hear things about yourself, give it a good laugh! And congratulate those people for knowing more about you than you do. 😊
As Always, Peace & Love